Sunday, March 1, 2020

Too Much



After last post, you're probably thinking, too much. Too much, Elisabeth.

Well, I was kind of thinking the same thing after I posted it. I didn't know how long it was getting until I realized there were around 60 pictures! Anyway, I am trying to think of something short and sweet to present to you this Sunday afternoon.

Ah, a Bible verse:

The end of Isaiah 49:15 and the beginning of verse 16 stuck out to me the other day.

"Yet will I not forget thee.
Behold, I have graven thee 
upon the palms of my hands."

I have started a practice of writing a Bible verse on my arm, mainly on the days I go into work. Since work has been difficult at times, I have find that having a reminder of God's goodness always before me is very helpful. The passage above stuck out to me because it shows that earthly people will forget and desert us, but God has us always for Him. We are in His mind and His thoughts, and He cares for us. We are graven on the palms of His hands. 

So, remember that when life gets hard, when people forget your name, when they don't respond to a call, when they are absent. God loves you. He cares about you and won't forget. 



No comments:

Post a Comment