Monday, March 23, 2020

Help Her


She is sorrowful, she is broken
She’s tired and sore, she ain’t jokin’
Her world caved in, darkness fell down
Her life is spent, droops her crown.


“Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer”*
Your lovingkindness holds me in Your care
“When my heart is overwhelmed”* and scared
In your mercy and grace, I am spared.


She has “found trouble and sorrow”^
What will become of another tomorrow?
But, “God shall help her, and that right early”~
He will come find her and help her surly.


She weeps, but He knows her tears
She cries alone, but He knows her fears
She is lonely, sore, tired, scared, and weak
He comes to her, opens His mouth to speak.


“Be of good cheer; it is I, be not afraid”/
He comes to her in His kindness arrayed
“He stretched forth His hand, and caught” her/
He pulls her out, His own blood-washed daughter.


“O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”/
You are Mine forever, I will never blot you out.
He comforted her with His love, carried her to shore
Calmed the storm that raged her life and tore.


“I love the LORD because He has heard my voice”^
I will be glad and praise Him and rejoice
“Gracious is the LORD and righteous”^ and just
In His will and way, I have learned to trust.


“Return unto thy rest, O my soul”^
He has bought you and made you whole
“God is our refuge and strength”~
He carries us through every rough length.


“Be still, and know that I am God”~
I will guide you with my shepherd’s rod.
God has helped her, come to her aid
“God is our refuge”~ and our shade.




*Psalm 60
^Psalm 116
~Psalm 46
/Matthew 14

No comments:

Post a Comment