Sunday, November 10, 2019

In the Calm



In the calm of life, it's easy to "sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight."

When you know what you're doing and what your doing is pretty nice, you feel pretty good. Of course, from day to day, you have your own little troubles. But, all in all, things are pretty dandy.

I feel like that was how this summer/half the fall was for me. The calm.

Yeah, I worked hard almost every day, worked with good people, laughed a lot, made new friends, loved the old friends even more. There were difficulties along the way, of course, because no one's life can ever be completely perfect, no matter what their Instagram looks like.

I think when I have those pretty easy times, I actually almost wish for hard times. I know, people act like that kind of thinking is a sin. Maybe it is, so I don't know why I feel that way. Oh, wait, maybe it's because I'm still being sanctified.

Anyway.

Yes, it's true. No matter how hard those hard times can be, I have often looked back on them with a certain amount of affection. You see, when I suffer, I draw closer to my Savior than I think I do at any other time. Talk to most seasoned Christians, and I think they will probably agree.

However, I am also really thankful for those pretty good times because they are very needed and very refreshing. Especially after a particularly tough season, good times remind me that God really does love to give good gifts to His children.

So, in the calm, I will give thanks and love the God who loved me first.

"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content."
~Philippians 4:11


No comments:

Post a Comment