Friday, November 29, 2019

A Good Ol' Game of Banana Grams

 


For some reason, during my second semester of college, I decided that banana grams was a great game. It's funny because I used to never want to play the game. I guess I thought it was boring. I don't think I had ever played it when I first made my opinion that it was a boring game. However, I eventually discovered that it was pretty cool.

That second semester was definitely the high-light of my banana gram career. I would often go to school (the church across the street), go to the student lounge, grab the bag of banana grams, and start a game on one of the available tables.These games were single player games, UNLESS some wonderful fellow student would walk up and ask if they could join me. Of course, I always said yes! 

I felt like it was a strange but delightful way to connect with other students. It brought us together, and, boy, some of those guys were so good. 

At house parties, small group get-togethers, and after Monday night Bible study, we would continue the banana gram roll. 

The picture above was my 21st Birthday party (hosted by myself, haha!). Yeah, maybe not your typical 21st kind of celebration, but that's just me. 

So, that's the story of Banana Grams in my history. Since then, I have kind of lost as much interest, but I still like the game.

What great memories of bringing people together and having good, clean fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment