Sunday, November 17, 2019

"Exciting" Changes





Depending on how you think of the word "exciting" I may or may not have exciting changes approaching rapidly upon me.

I am having foot surgery this Friday, Lord willing that there be no more complications.

I have been awaiting this day for a number of years.I have what is called a bunion. It's an inflammation of the big toe joint that gives you toe and foot and even leg problems. A lot of people get it from wearing high heals, but mine came naturally, thanks to a great heritage. Haha! I've had it since I was a kid. It didn't used to bother me too much, but in the last year or so the pain has increased. So, this was the year to get it done.

At first, I thought I could get it taken care of in early August and then move back to up to MN. However, I realized the healing time would be to long, so I decided to stay at home and continue working until late October.

So, yes, those big changes are coming quickly, and I can't say I am too thrilled about the upcoming events. I don't do well with cuts, and they will be cutting my foot open. UGH!

This will put me out of walking and enjoying life for a while. Haha! I do plan on having a good attitude and enjoying life as much as I can while I heal, but I know it will be difficult. I'm going to have to go on a smoothies only diet because I won't be exercising. Seriously, that might be one of the hardest things, because this girl loves to eat. Normally, I can work off those calories, but not when my foot is propped up on some pillows. Nope.

God has a plan for this season of my life. It might not be something blatantly obvious, and it may just be learning to trust God more in unfun situations. Whatever it is, I hope to grow.

Also, if you love hanging out, I would definitely appreciate people coming for a visit. Haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment