Thursday, February 28, 2019

The Biscuit Life

The only reason I called this the "biscuit" life is because for some reason when I think of busy I then think of biscuits. So, I was going to say "the busy life," but sense biscuit naturally came to my mind, I decided to go with it. Hopefully I'll be able to somehow tie it back to biscuits by the end.

Anyway, I basically wanted to tell you a bit about my day-to-day life, not in poem form. Poetry is great and fun to read, but sometimes you have to change details a bit or be more obscure in order to make it poetry. Therefore, I'm going to attempt a more basic picture of my life.

Let's just look at the past week, starting with last Friday.


Friday.
Was rough! Yep, I had my big philosophy paper due at 5:00pm, and I am terrible at writing academically, especially philosophy of all things. I wrote on Socrates' view of death. I will spare you from reading it. It was probably the worst paper ever written; however, I finished it and got it in on time. After that my stressed out room mates and I went on a long walk, which I think refreshed all of us greatly. I see God using little things like walks as big refreshments. Later that night I talked on the phone with a couple friends from down south. That was a wonderful and encouraging treat and another gift from God. So, that was Friday.
My kitty Itsy. I thought she represented me well on Friday. I will add that not every Friday is that stressful. Haha! Thankfully. 

Saturday. 
I don't even remember Saturday. Usually I take Saturday's slow, and as of late, I've been doing laundry then and clean. I read, hopefully get a walk in if it's nice enough. It's usually a pretty boring but needed relaxing kind of day. Last week I also went to Hannah and Tyler's for dinner and Splendor which was super fun. We get so silly when it's just the three of us. 
I may have done some work on this crocheted rug. Sometimes, when I have some spare time, I do that. 


Sunday. 
My favorite day of the week. Usually I go to church around 7:30 and start cutting up pastries in the kitchen. Keenan and Ander are in out, and eventually another woman or two will come join me. Around 8:50, I put away my dishes and go out into the commons. I might talk to someone or just go straight to the 9:00 service. I sit on the right hand wing of the sanctuary on the very edge of the left side, usually around the middle pillar. I know, you totally wanted to hear all that detail, but seriously, it's a part of my Sunday. After the service, I get some tea and stand in the crowds of people, maybe get a pastry myself, and sometimes find someone to talk to. Well, usually do. I typically end up in the bookstore. I might clean dishes in the kitchen or talk to Daniel because he sticks around for a while. Then I leave and get home around 12:30 or 1 and eat lunch. Then I just hang out, go for a walk, and take it chill, until night when I often do something with my sisters and their hubbs. This past Sunday was a little different because I had to come home early for a seamstress to look at my brides maid dress (for Leuxie's wedding), so she can fix it. Then my sisters and I went to Leuxie's bridal shower. I came home for about an hour or so, then left for Priscilla and Justus's house for a little party for Sonya, Justus's sister. It was a busy (biscuit?) day but good. 
This picture has pretty much nothing to do with Sunday, except maybe the sun light on the paper. 


Monday.
Monday is get up, go to class, eat lunch, study, eat dinner, go to bed. I honestly can't think of anything interesting about Monday. 
The sun is still moving, so it's a good day. 


Tuesday. 
Get up slowly, read my Bible and Streams in the Desert, and pray. I do that every day, but I have just neglected to put that in my daily routine. It's actually a pretty important part of the day. Sometimes I write in my journal too. It's a special quiet moment with the Lord. After that I read for school, although sometimes I eat breakfast first. After lunch, I go to logic class. Just about every time I get to our class room on Tuesday afternoons, two of my sophomore friends, Isaac and Johnathan, are sitting in there studying. This week only Isaac was there. I pick on them for being in "our" class room. Logic class isn't my favorite, but it was  better this week. After that I go home and rest, sometimes take a walk, study, or other random things. Then I go to small group. This week small group was at my house for a dinner, so I just had to make sure it was clean and everything was ready. We all gathered around our little table and ate tacos. It was a lot of fun. Abe hasn't been coming lately, but he came for the food (haha!), so it was fun to spend time with him. Then I go to bed. 

Not our small group dinner, but this is an accurate picture of dinners at my house. 


Wednesday. 
My second favorite day of the week, after Sunday. I get up and go to class (sometimes I hang out in Hebrew class until 8:30 when my class starts), then I go downstairs around noon and go to chapel. Unlike last year, I do not take naps in the balcony. I actually sit in the second back pew of the left center row with the big boys and Hannah when she can come. Then I go to lunch and sit at the "cool" table, except this week because those people were gone at meetings. So I sat with other cool people. Then I go to the kitchen and clean dishes with Tyler, Ben, Brax, Dalton, and Josiah, except this week Brax didn't come in because of the snow, Ben was who-knows-where, and Tyler was in a meeting, so that left me with the two little guys. It was fun though. They are usually quieter, and they seemed to be more talkative, so that was nice. Then I go home, but on my way out the door, I have been noticing that the sanctuary doors are still open so I play the grand piano all alone in the big room. It is wonderful. Although, several times I have had a weird feeling that someone else is in the room with me, but then again, it could be my wild imagination. Then I go home, and the rest of the day is whatever. 
The sunset yesterday. 



Thursday. 
This is my only no class day. I read a lot, sometimes go to Cardigan to study, and today I had a meeting with the dean of women. She is super sweet and helpful to talk with. So, yep. Just another day. Other things I do include playing the piano (a lot), talking with room mates, crocheting (a little), blogging (obviously), cooking, baking, writing in my journal, and talking on the phone with family and friends. 
And take pictures. I forgot about that one. 

There you have it, my biscuit life. Oh, and to tie that back to biscuits, this afternoon I made scones, and scones are similar to biscuits. 

If you actually read this whole long, boring post, I congratulate you. It kind of reminds me of all those posts I did about each month of last year. Wow! They were long and tiresome. 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤








2 comments:

  1. I love your long posts and hearing about your every day life experiences. It is sweet and very special. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. There is something special about the ordinary life of a human. God didn't make us all world-travelers, and I'm fine with that.

      Delete