Tuesday, February 19, 2019

It's Just Another Day

A picture poem, where the picture corresponds with what is written directly below it.

















Picking up the food on the floor
Sometimes I eat it if it's good
Wondering if I'll grow more
Because I eat enough that I could.






















Walking down the busy street
Because it's nice to be out and walk
Learning how to clearly speak
So people know what I mean when I talk.



























Passing you on the stairs
I smile because I can
Wind blows my messy hairs
As I open the door, man.



















Sitting on a bed as I read for school
Wondering if I'll be done by sunset
Closing the blinds as it gets cool
Sun goes down and I get upset.






















Going to bed and dreaming
Getting up in a tired way
Going to school soul-screaming
With joy because it's another day.


















Wondering what's happening next
Because I kinda wanna know
I've been sort of twisted and flexed
And I'm growing with each new blow.



















I peek out the window 'cause I heard a car
And I want to know who it is that came
Because I'm way too nosy by far
But I like to see people even if that's lame.



















I walk around through the school hall
Looking for someone I might talk to
I see and talk with my brother-in-law
And then to our own classes we walk to.



















So, I eat, I talk, I pray
I wonder, smile, and run away
I do ordinary stuff every day
And wonder as I work and play.



















Just living life like we always do
We all got our own bitter drink
But seriously, we're all people too
We ain't so different as we think.



















So, I'm working on things like that
Seeing others as my equals in life
Trying not to be a grumpy cat
And not create bitterness and strife.



















God made this just another day
But it's like another little chance
To shine upon your weary way
And maybe make your heart dance.





2 comments:

  1. God is good. He is working good things in your heart. I love you. Jesus loves you more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, He is working. Helps me to see life through His eyes not mine.
      I love you too!

      Delete