Monday, February 25, 2019

Because It's Spring in the South...

I get to bore you with flower pictures. I have heard from several friends and family members about the flowers popping up all over the south. Both my mom and another mom listed off the various flowers in bloom, and I was reminded about how much I miss NC spring. To be quite frank, I used to hate it; I though the world was breaking down when flowers were coming up in February or even showing their green tips in January. However, living in a place where I do not see flowers on my Birthday (April), I quite miss that southern spring.

So, while Minnesota is still in the trenches of chilling degrees and mountains of snow, I will attempt to refresh your eyes with flowers from last spring. Lame. But that's all I got to show for.

First, however, look at these...








About a month and half ago, I arrived "home" to these beautiful flowers on my desk. There were a bunch more at the time, but I just took this picture today. It is such a blessing to have fresh flowers in my room.


And now, for a show case of some beautiful blooms from spring 2018.
...............
........
...
I think this little dandy-lion was the first flower I saw. They are among my very favorite flowers. 

It looks like some hyacinth. 

Not flowers, but when you've lived in the gray for so long, you will delight in a vase full of green leaves. 

I literally love the smell of lilacs. There is a row of them outside the White House, and I relished their beauty last spring. 

Piano top decor that smells delightfully.

Because I LOVE a house full of flowers. 

A little dandy-lion "field."


Tulips are also among my favorites because they always remind me of my friend Karise. 

There was a patch full of beautiful and unique tulips. 

Look at that edge! 


I took a bunch of tulip pictures to send to Karise's mom. 

Then I went home where there was still a plethora of blossoms to adore. 



This clover patch was along a farm road. 

This is one of my favorite flower pictures, partly because it is of one of my favorite flowers (corn flower), and partly because it shows the rural beauty of North Carolina. 

Some other wild flower that I don't know the name of. 

And another. 

A buttercup (also one of my favorites, haha!). Look at the ant. 

A daisy's cousin or something. 

A lily just growing by the roadside. 

So much corn flower! We have so many wild flowers that just throw color all over the countryside. 

Queen Ann's lace. A favorite of bugs. : (


Soooo, yeah....there you have it. Flowers, flowers, and more flowers. 

Happy Spring, people!

I wish...

🌸

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I just love these pics!! I especially like the queen ann one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Me too. I really like all of them, but you know me...

      Delete
  2. Not really... Cold and rainy today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really what? Thou art confusing, my Sweet.

      Delete