Monday, April 17, 2023

Imperfect House

The other day I was looking at a fellow blogger's post about her house. She showed her very nice house and all the nice decorations and how everything came together so nicely. I liked it, but I truly wasn't jealous. I seriously like a less perfect house. I still appreciate other peoples' perfect and tidy, childless little homes, but I don't feel the need to have that as well. Our house is colorful and maybe chaotic to some, and if it gets out of hand, I'm sure Jacob will let me know. There is also a lot of character to our house, partly because we do have a baby, and I love it. 

However, the young woman did inspire me to clean up. Sometimes I am lazy or make excuses, and the house, or at least parts of it, becomes a bit too messy. So, that day (or the next, I can't remember), I simple cleaned up. I didn't organize or anthing, just cleaned up. It felt real nice and made me want to try to keep things a little cleaner around here. Not perfect, just cleaner. 

Some of our house at dusk.

One everning after I put Taliya to bed, I walked into our bedroom to see this sight. It looked so nice and cozy. It's not perfect (that's a black plastic Walmart folding table, for crying out loud), but to me, it kind of is perfect. 

I really like our old house even though it comes with lots of problems.

I like all of our wooden furniture, mismatched and all unique. Also, notice the mess on both of the tables. Haha! This house never looks perfect.


♢♥♢
V




No comments:

Post a Comment