Saturday, April 15, 2023

Accra and Grilled Steak (That was Actually Good...Gasp)

Earlier this week Jacob grilled steak on our little tiny grill out back ($14 from Walmart, haha!). I'm known for not liking steak, and I have had it a few times. However, Jacob has cooked it twice, and I actually like his. This grilled steak was the best for sure. It was so flavorful, not raw and disgusting but also not too chewy. It was perfect. I love grilling because it smells so good, too. 

I finally made accra (a fried food I first tried in Haiti). Unfortunately, it did disappoint. Haha! It was OK, but I think I overdid it on the spices or something. Also, I really don't know how to fry food. Whatever, maybe I'll get better. The stuff was so good in Haiti. 


Accra is made from a root called malanga that I found at a grocery store that seems to cater to other countries. Anyway, you grate the stuff up and add spices. Maybe it need to be mooshed up more, too. 

Frying 

Burning them. Haha!

Not burnt, but maybe undercooked. Ugh. Frying is hard to get it just right. 

Grilling. 

The sun was so bright. 

Our little gril and the grill master. : )

I bet the smell made the neighbors jealous. 

Our feast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment