Saturday, April 18, 2020

The Witch's Hat Walk

Will the pictures work this time? That is the ultimate question. I have no idea what went wrong, and I don't like it. Anyway, we'll see with this post.

These are all from a walk I took recently. I went to the "Witch's Hat," which is an old water tower on the other side of the river. It's a longish walk, but nice.

New life

This is a goose, not a gray duck, just in case you didn't know. 

This is the bridge I used to cross over.

Our first sighting of the Hat.

The clouds covered the sun and made it dark, but the river and trees still look pretty. 

It was one of those windy, sunny, cold, cloudy, warm kind of days. 

I don't know what this dude was up to in the pile of rocks below the bridge, but I decided to take his picture. Have you ever wondered how many random people have you in their photos? Weird thought.


Heeeyyy! It's the sun again. And the little blue flowers. See them? This was a really pretty street. 

These are such happy little blossoms. 

I won't bore you with all the house pictures I have, but I will show a couple of my favorites. This is just majestic, in an inviting sort of way. Double porch, white paint, surrounding trees: made me think of a plantation in the south.

Almost there.

This is the view of the city from the base of the tower. The tower is one the highest natural land in the cities. It's a great view.

Uh... yeah, that's me. The dorky home school kid in an old tee-shirt and flared jeans. 

Another beauty in the trees. Wow! I love houses. 

Closer to home, I stopped by a little shore. 

Another GOOSE.






Good day, folks!!

✌    ✌






2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking me on your walk. I am partial to long walks too, and I do observe the most simple but beautiful and delightful things too. It does look like a witches's hat, so I guess that is an okay name, yet I prefer a more poetic name....work on that one Elisabeth😊.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, long walks are refreshing. Hmmmm....I'm going to have to think of something else we can call the tower. Its official name is the Prospect Park Water Tower, but that doesn't sound very poetic either.

      Delete