Sunday, April 12, 2020

"Whiter Than Snow"




It is snowing this Resurrection Sunday. Though part of me mourns the fact, I am also reminded of what Easter is all about through that blowing white stuff. I thought of Psalm 51:7:

"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean:
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."

Jesus has come to earth and done what none of us could: live a perfect life. In His death and resurrection we are indeed made whiter than snow. 



Jesus has brought victory to my life through His blood. This morning's sermon was from Revelation 7:15-17, but the verse just prior to that sticks out to me. 

""These are they which came out of great tribulation, 
and have washed their robes, 
and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."
~Revelation 7:14

Seems like a contradiction. Blood stains. But not this blood. It heals and cleanses and makes whiter, whiter than snow. 

So rejoice, for He has risen!

He has risen indeed!




No comments:

Post a Comment