Wednesday, April 29, 2020

A Few Random Things



I drew an Australian Shepherd for my room mate for her Birthday. I have never been good at drawing dogs. I thought this turned out OK, but I still wasn't super pleased with it. His eyes are funny. 


There are flowers everywhere these days, for which I am very happy. 

These azaleas/rhododendron got me very excited. 

The sunlight falling on me in this picture is completely from a reflection. The skyscrapers are such good reflectors, and they give us sunlight when we would otherwise not have any. 


Yep, that's that. Life has been tiresome for me lately, but a friend texted the following verses to me this morning, and I found them an encouragement. 

"Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great. Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip."
Psalm 18:35-36


Stay encouraged. God is good. 





2 comments:

  1. Someone once said, “The artist is the only one qualified to criticize his art, because only the artist knows what he was trying to express and how satisfied he is with the attempt.”
    I can still remember an embroidery piece I gave to a dear friend in high school. I cringe these days knowing how I could have made it so much better! But my friend saw what was behind the gift, in her eyes it was a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can agree with that quote, at least to an extent. I think it goes for cooking, too. Haha!

      Delete