Friday, January 4, 2019

For the Love of Life

This is a post I started a while back but never posted, so here you go.


Another sickening feeling that your body is not cooperating, or not operating correctly. Another day of rain after a week already of the same dreary gray. Another dead relative. Another wayward child or sister or brother. Another shooting, war, church split up, arguing parents, divorced friends, cancer-ridden neighbor, broken bone... you name it: We are all struggling in some area of life.

I have for a while, in various ways, suffered. One day life seems perfect, or at least nearly perfect. The next is just a long hard drop to the very bottom.

I could, usually do, sulk about it. Whine about things going wrong again when I thought they were getting better. But, you know, God gave me life. He gave me breath, better health than many, food, family that loves me, bright skies on many days, and most of all He gave me life through His Son Jesus.

Then I think how blessed I am and how safe I am in His arms. Then I think deeper. How Jesus suffered a lot more than I do, not only in his crucifixion, but also throughout His whole life.

Yet He did not complain.

So, for the love of His life and the love of what He has done for me, I will lift my head up and rejoice in the One who made my body and my life and knows everything about me.

Praise the King!

Photos by me. 😉

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Sky photo! Thanks for the reminder of Gods unfailing grace and mercy to save us. When I am depressed and going through a hard time it helps to look at the sky and remember how Big and awesome is our God. He is bigger than my problems and He is in control. I can rest in His Sovereign rule and reign because I know God is good all the time and He does good things even when my circumstances do not look that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is really true, especially about the sky. Reminds me about that John Piper quote. ; )

      Delete