Friday, December 7, 2018

Loving the Boys in My Life



I know, that title sounds, well, weird. I'm not really sure what it sounds like, but I hope to be able to explain it to you by the end of this post.

Lately, I have been feeling convicted about the way I treat men in my life, especially the younger ones who are my friends. I often joke with and tease young men. I think it is my way of relating with them, maybe to try to keep myself safe. I don't want them to think I like them, especially if I don't, so I end up treating them all like little brothers. Now part of that is not bad. It's fine to joke around and have fun. However, when teasing becomes excessive, it becomes a problem.

I do not want to be an excessive teaser, which I think I already am.

So, I have realized, with the help and insight of my mom, that I should have more respect for these young guys. Although, all the men in my life deserve respect, I tend to show more to older men anyway, so I am focusing on the younger guys, the boys. In showing respect, I am showing love. I am a Christian sister to many guys in my life (those who are believers themselves), but I have to be careful in how I relate to them.

I think a lot of young men would be more respectable if I showed them respect in the first place.

So, I aim, through the help of my Father, to be a more loving sister and friend so that I can show my brothers love and respect.

I think this would do all of us some good.

"Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor."
1 Peter 2:17

When we show respect for the men in our lives, I believe we will have a better chance of them showing us respect. 



No comments:

Post a Comment