Monday, February 17, 2020

Valentine's Day

Do you do anything special for Valentine's Day? For us, it depends on the year and what mood we're in. This year wasn't much. We had Dominoes Pizza (which is a treat for us), leftover cake, and Mom gave us little snacks. However, the day was beautiful. It was the day before I left for MN. I spent a good amount of time outside, just enjoying what would soon be far, far away.

Unlike the day before Valentine's, it wasn't rainy, so I took some pictures of the beauty.

In the morning while Mom and Lydia were gone at their homeschooling classes, I went into town to the bank and then to see "my" little old house. It's looking good in spring. 

This is my actually "house" back in the woods. It is also looking good in spring, especially after all the rain we've had. 

Some bright yellow forsythia blooms from a plant I'm growing back there. 

That beautifully vibrant green moss gets me every time. That's why I have a bunch of pictures of moss. 

Another old house. 

The wind was blowing my hair into the flowers. This is another of "my" (if I can own a plant in the woods) forsythia bushes. I transplant them from the big ones, and they tend to grow pretty well. You just break off a branch and stick it in the dirt. If you water it well, it will take root and form a new bush. 

This is the "front yard."

Miko's royal cuteness.

She's so purty.

Have you noticed how beautiful it was? Sun, blue sky, trees, no snow, cute cat (sorry, no pictures of Buttercup), nice weather.....

Now look

My current "front yard," if a side walk, snow piles, cars, a road, and a brick building count as a yard. 😏


Oh, well, 'tis life, and it's a good one, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment