Thursday, February 13, 2020

Through Rain

It's been wet around here lately. Sometimes it gets to me, but overall I enjoy the rain, especially when I know how much we need it. We had such a dry summer, I wonder if the earth is still replenishing itself. Whatever the case, God's in control of the weather, and I just try to enjoy what comes my way.

Of course, it has also been such a warm winter, and the flowers are blooming beautifully. I love to see the vibrant colors even through rain.

I don't think the pear tree's flowers are as big and full this year, probably due to an early spring. But they still bring in a good bit of cheer on these rainy days.

Drip drops....


I've picked a few daffodils to save them from cold nights or rain and wind. 

We have a good number of varieties. 


I have a little plant growing roots on the kitchen window sill. 

Hyacinth has such a strong, fragrant smell and a good splash of color.

Pansy petals dotted with rain drops. 

The garden ditch full of fresh rain water. 

Our hellebore has become so full na d flooded with blossoms. It has spread throughout the garden, too. 

I love seeing all the little periwinkle flowers. They had a good note to the ground cover.

A few azalea buds keep poppong out.

I think this might be my favorite kind of daffodil. It has a really sweet scent. 

It is dripping out there.

Maybe a bit water-logged. 

Like snow in spring.


The forsythia splashes yellow throughout the yard. 

This is a tree cutting Mom is growing. It is so fun to see those roots pop out.


Happy spring!
(I know, spring is over a month away, but if you live in the south, you know what I mean.)

No comments:

Post a Comment