Monday, February 24, 2020

Finding Comfort in Pain


Some days are just rough. There isn't much you can do about it either. Today was one of those, but God actually opened up a way out. I was feeling terrible but had to work, and I ended up being able to go home early. Anyway, in these struggles of pain and sickness, I have found that God is true to His word.


Psalm 116 has ministered to me a lot over the last year or so. It continues to stick out to me as one of my favorite passages.



The psalmist does a good job portraying his miseries but also relying on God and seeing how much God has blessed him. I read it a couple times today and found the following verses especially comforting. I would definitely recommend you read the whole Psalm together.



Verse 7 has kind of been my motto throughout the day, although looking back, I think it has been my motto several times. "Return unto they rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee." Even in suffering, we must remember how great God is to us. We have no right to complain.



Verses 3 and 4: "The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul." We shouldn't complain, but God delights in being merciful to His people, so crying to Him for deliverance is a good thing. It shows our dependence on Him.



"What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits towards me?~verse 12. He has done so much good in my life. How can I ever thank Him enough?



So, find comfort in His Word. The pain might remain, but the promises are sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment