Saturday, February 22, 2020

Been a Week



A week ago about this time, I was trying to grasp the fact that I had truly moved to Minneapolis for the third time. I was sad and depressed, confused and anxious. The clarity I thought I had about the move had quickly banished, and here I was stuck for about 5 and 1/2 months in a place I realized I didn't want to be in.

Am I still feeling that way? Well, not entirely. A lot has happened in one week. A lot of hard things and a lot of really good things. The hard things make me want to go home, while the good things remind me I have a purpose here. Wherever I go, God wants to use me for His glory, and I want to be moldable like clay in the Potter's hands.

Over the past 7 days or so, I have been thinking a lot about my mission in life. What am I supposed to be doing for God? I'm reading a little book called User's Guide for Life by Ray and Kathy Warren. Mom had given it to me a while ago and encouraged me to read it, but you know how I am. Anyway, I think they make some good points regarding making a plan for your life. They are practical, and that's what I need.

I've got a lot of ideas swimming around in my head, but they're starting to make sense, and eventually I suppose I'll see the whole picture.

Some conclusions I'm coming to after only a week of being back:
1. NC is great.
2. I was not made for city life.
3. Downtown, big city jobs stress me out.
4. Bethlehem Baptist Church is cool, but King's Cross is, too.
5. I learn to love people too easily.
6. I'm not really interested in getting married.

There you have it. Some of those things might change over the next few months, but that's how I feel right now. If you know me well, you know that last point can change weekly. ; )


I'll end with one of my all-time favorite verses, Isaiah 64:8,

"But now, O LORD, you are our Father;
we are the clay, and you are our Potter;
we are all the work of your hand. "



No comments:

Post a Comment