Saturday, March 30, 2019

Watching

Thanks to my mom replying to the last post, I decided to go with "Watching." I will probably post others as well, but this is a good place to start. 



Standing on the edge of the wall
Watching the people in the wide hall
Looking at their eyes and hair and smiles
Wondering in my soul all the whiles. 

Watching silently, smiling at passers-by
A brain turning and moving into a sigh
A deep inward sigh of many a thought
Confused, thankful, learning, taught.

Growing as I watch them all gathered there
In one place so many people to care
I care and carry in my heart
The burdens that tear us apart. 

I slowly leave my wall and make my way
I weave through the crowds and say, "Hey"
To a number of people I know and love.
Why am I shy and timid as a dove?

I know them, and many of them know me, 
But I see them among themselves happy
And I am a loner so I just pass through
I pass through a crowd of many of you. 

I finally find a person or two or three
And we talk and laugh happily
So I reach out to the quieter crowd
The others also on the wall less loud.

We laugh and talk, but sometimes I eye the rest
I think I wish I actually knew the best
Those people who are known to most
And people talk about and boast.

I slowly draw my attention off and away
And look at those popular people of our day
The ones the others talk about whether bad or good.
They've got the attention that they would.

But I am done with comparing my life
I'm ready to cut it up with the sharpest knife
Because it's a sickly disease that takes over
And crushes the humble, fragrant clover.

The clover of the field that grows in little clusters
And waves in the wind as it gently blusters
It stands tall on its stem not worried
It stands there in a group unhurried.

They are together and don't think of who's best
Because they are all different yet alike the rest
Each it's own particular shape and shade
But they are all still clover left in the hade. 

They are as their Maker put them and made them
They grumble not in their shallow hem
They worry not of who is known most
But shine in the sun who is their common boast.

There it lies, there message I would learn
They stand together neither do they turn
Against each other because they are all the same
All the same type of thing, clover, by name.

Also, they have the same love
The sun that shines above
Their Creator makes them grow
Satisfied, their seeds they sew.

So, I too want to be of a people who love
Each other and our God above
The Son that shines on each of us
And holds us fast like a truss.

We would have a common goal:
Our King majestic, never dole
He's got us and grows us together
In His love, no matter the weather. 




1 comment: