Friday, March 22, 2019

Walking On, Keep Moving

I decided to join something called Spring100 this year. It is basically a way to keep you moving. You are supposed to walk or run 100 miles in spring. It started on Wednesday, but there is still time to sign up if you're interested.

It is spring break for Bethlehem College and Seminary right now, so I have been taking advantage of extra time by going on long walks. Two days in a row I walked about 4.5 miles each day. It was so wonderful to be out and walking because when you're in school, you don't always have the time to get out as much as you might like to. Also, the weather has been splendid. Right now it is 43 degrees! It is officially spring.

I haven't done a whole lot during break, but I am staying fairly busy. Of course, the wedding was Monday, then I went to bake with a couple classmates (Daniel and Jack) on Tuesday afternoon, and I have spent a lot of time with Hannah and Tyler and Tyler's friend Mitchell from WI. We have played a lot of games. I am good at getting Mitchell very aggravated in a game of Splendor, but I still have not won.

Today the 4 of us went to Cardigan and hung out with Priscilla and Justus a little bit. Then we walked home in the beautiful sunshine.

I have also been reading for school next week. I'm not super excited about school starting up again, but we only have 2 months left after this.

I started spring break with a lot of letter-writing. 

One day I took a long walk and ended up at a park with lovely trees. You could even imagine you were in the country. 

I snapped a shot of these young skater boys. 

I tried on my dress an inordinate amount to make sure it still fit and see how to walk in it in high heels. Haha! 

Sorry about this gross picture. I took it because the sun was shining on my face in a such a way that I could see the cracks in my teethe, and I like to see those cracks. 

The sun feels warm on my roof in the mornings. 

This was my bouquet. 

It had such lovely roses. 

Spring has come, here is the sun. 

The living room fills up with light these days.

Barefoot days are coming. 

The snow in our yard is disappearing so quickly. 


So, I'm moving on in life and walking spring break away. 
God has been showering me with gifts in the shape of walks, sun, wedding, people, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment