Wednesday, March 1, 2023

New Years Resolutions

A random picture from the beginning of January.



I think this is the first year I really made new years resolutions since Mom made me do it when I was younger. This time Jacob made me do it. Haha! 

I always thought that stuff was kind of stupid because people make these great resolutions and then forget about it later in January. I think people do it to make themselves look good or something. Or, everyone else does it, so they do, too. Whatever the case, I think people should always work on growing and maturing. 

However, I think I see the benefit in yearly (maybe some of us need to do it monthly) setting goals and working toward them. My parents are probably thinking, "That's what we tried to tell you all those years!" A word to parents: Your kids listen to you more than you might think. 

Anyway. 

New years resolutions aren't all bad. Maybe the problem is that a lot of people make unrealistic goals, and when they start to fail, they get stressed and throw the whole thing out the window. So, I say, start small and feasible. Don't make outlandish "resolutions" just so you can post about them on social media and brag about your great plans for the coming year. In fact, if you are going to tell the world, maybe wait a month or two to see how things are going for you. 

Another thing: think about, plan, and even begin your new years resolutions in December. Yep. I think people forget their great plans way before December, but it seems like around the holidays they completely ditch anything they may have still had and basically say, "I start my diet tomorrow." I think if you actually start working on your goals in December that will really test how much you actually want to grow and change and how serious you are about those goals. 


End soapbox. 


V




No comments:

Post a Comment