Saturday, September 11, 2021

Twenty Years

 

Twenty years later, and the pictures and footage still make me cry. 

Photo by Richard Drew

I was so young back then that it didn't affect me too much, but now I feel so much for the people that were there. The kids that saw that happen in front of their eyes. The women crying out in horror at the sight. The widow looking for her missing husband. The people jumping out of the burning building. Those pictures stick in my head. And then I think, "And, I wasn't there." I didn't die that day. My parents didn't die that day. 

For some reason God let that happen. I guess I don't know why, but I do know this world won't last forever. Some day I won't have to wonder if something like that will happen to me. I'll be gone, safe with God in His Kingdom. 




No comments:

Post a Comment