Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Blessed

 


So many years of waiting and wondering and hoping have finally come to an end. God has finally blessed me with a man beyond my imagination. It definitely hasn't always been easy as we've been getting to know each other better, but it has been pretty great. 

Jacob is a real blessing from God that I can hardly believe I have been able to experience. You know how when you're a kid, a young teenage girl, you dream a lot about who you'll marry? Man, I did so much of that. I wondered where he'd come from, what he'd be like, and what our relationship would look like. Well, to say the least, things haven't been how I thought they'd be. Honestly, it's been so much better. 

My first recollection of meeting Jacob was when I went ice skating with Hannah and Tyler and some other BCS friends my freshman year. I had a good time and thought Jacob was a really kind person. He seemed genuinely interested in me as a person, not just someone he was checking out. Over the next semester, I had a few more interactions with him and continued to see he was a fine young man. However, I had absolutely no interest in him. It never even crossed my mind. 

The next time I lived in Minneapolis, I got to know Jacob better with mutual friends. I thought of him more like a little brother that I could have fun with. I still had no interest or even thought of having interest in him. 

Last year we were actually neighbors and became quite good pals. We did a lot together, and people started to question me about whether I liked him or not. I thought the whole idea was ridiculous. Jacob and me dating or one day getting married? No, thank you. He moved back to TN, and I moved back to NC. We kept up a little, but I still had no thoughts of wanting to marry him. I just thought of him as a good friend. 

Later in the summer, we went hiking together with Lydia. It was such a blast. The week following that adventure, I suddenly realized that Jacob was so very dear to me. I knew I liked him more than a friend. When I visited him and a mutual friend about a month later, I guess he noticed my attitude had changed because he told me he really like me and wanted to risk being more than just friends. 

I sure am glad we took that risk. 

It hasn't always been easy. In fact, some things have been very difficult; however, the results are me being blessed beyond the stars with a man I couldn't have dreamed of. 

Some things are so clearly God's doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment