Sunday, April 28, 2019

The Crashing

This is a poem I started one time and then finished, but I didn't post it. I think this will be a good time to post. I hope you enjoy and are encouraged that even the waves and wind obey His voice.



At first all was sunny and bright
The moon seemed full of light at night
The sun of the day was brighter still
Happiness seemed to be in His will.

And then I saw a dark cloud up ahead
I started looking down instead
The darkness overcame me
First like a gentle dark sea. 

And then the waves of shadows crashed 
I fell, hurt to the bone and slashed
I had missed the turn, gone my own way
I had turned from the Way in the light of day.

This was my own doing and yet
He let me down that road  to get
Of Himself He'd pour out more
More than I could get on the shore.



So, crashing, flailing, crying, blind
He seemed unclose, somewhere behind
I strained to see Him through the mist
But only this, the waves I kissed.

In the darkness I rested on His unseen chest
Knowing that, though hard, this is best
I could not see Him but He was there
Holding every tossing, crashing care.

Then the clear dawn began to break
As heaven opened over the rushing lake
I smiled slightly as I saw the light shine
The wind dyed down, the morning was mine.



The last waves tossed me on the shore
I stood silently shaking. No more.
It was over now so calm the sea
The Prince of Peace stood quietly by me. 

I had seen it, felt the wild rush
I had learned things, now a hush
The sun warmed my shaking bones
I stood calm in the morning tones.

He looked at my soul through my eye
"I am always with you, child, don't cry"
I took His nail-scarred hand and laughed
He was always there, He was the raft. 




1 comment: