Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Fun at the White House

When I sent out a group text to a list of the Elite, I invited them to "fun at the White House." I have so many friends. My room mates have noted that on several occasions. The truth is that I know a lot of people, but they aren't all good friends. Even among the friends, there are some I am closer to than others.

There is the Elite Club, which is the group of friends that I invite to almost everything here in MN. They are the ones I have known the longest (siblings and their spouses and some of their old room mates), lived with, or some how became close to over the last 2 or so years. They have been a big blessing in my life, and I look up to them with love and admiration.

Anyway, since this was a special party, I invited those from the Elite Club. Not everyone could come, but that was OK because we had a blast anyway.

I made a deliciously moist strawberry cake because strawberry cakes are the best. I also had plates full of cheese, crackers, meat, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, and olives. Some of the best food out there in my opinion. I made a very large batch of Chai tea (which wasn't very popular among the visitors, so I have a gallon ice cream tub about half way full of left over tea). Anyway, the food went down pretty nicely.

I was pleased to see people enjoying playing games, talking, just hanging out together, and enjoying the food I had prepared. The cake was a hit as usual. I mean, how could it not be?!

We ended the night with a few of my favorite hymns.

What a good evening!

My cake

The food

Garnished with simple strawberries

Sorry these pictures are a bit dark. I'm not sure why they have been doing this, but oh, well. That's Scott and Tyler. 

Elisabeth and Emily, Scott's sisters. 

Tyler's legs, Keenan, Lydia (another of Scott's sisters), and Christina.

I know you have seen this picture a million times, but I thought it was funny because Scott was sitting in the same place and doing the same thing last year. Hannah was also sitting in the same place. 


4 comments:

  1. Fun times! You sound like a fun friend to have! Ha ha! You sure are a fun daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I guess your guests just don't know how good your Chai tea is! Haha It looks really fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, seriously. I was deeply offended. Just kidding, yes, it was a lot of fun.

      Delete