Thursday, April 11, 2019

An Appreciation for the Beautiful (Including Snow in April)

I love beautiful things, and I think those who know me well enough know that fact about me. I love flowers, butterflies, pretty old-fashioned dresses, birds, sunsets, clouds, and on and on. My room is filled with things that I think are beautiful, and they all remind me of God. They point me to His glory, beauty, splendor, majesty, and goodness.

This week we are getting a snow storm. The wind is fierce and it might as well be January again.

But it's beautiful.

My backyard filling up with snow yesterday afternoon. 

Through the hazy, blizzardly snow, you see everything loading up with the white glory. 

You could almost imagine you are away in a forest somewhere. 


This old church building looks mighty good in the snow. 

Hangin' my head out. 

This is a video of the snow falling. I'm not sure it will work. 


So, that's the April snow for you. And to think I just posted about how we don't have snow this year. Oh, well, I guess I spoke too soon. 

OK, now to enjoy some beautiful things in my room. (Ahem...like usual, an over-abundance of pictures for you.)

A song by my brother Micah that I wrote in cursive and taped to the wall with a bouquet of fresh-smelling greenery in front.

I have a new piece of beauty on my wall above my computer. My brother Jesse sent it to me. 

"I lift up my eyes to the hills.
    From where does my help come?
 My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

A beautiful, shiny new pan from my housemates as a Birthday gift. 

I think I have an obsession with dried roses (dried flowers in general, really). 

They are lovely. 

I finally stuck this card to my wall with a dried flower hanging over the edge. It reminds me of the country. 

A little house plant my room mates gave me. 

So purty and fresh and lively. 


I repurposed a church bulletin into a butterfly (naturally) and hung him on the wall. 

My friend Karise colored this and her mom's friend turned it into a book mark. I thought it was a really neat idea. Besides, it reminds me of Karise and it's lovely. 


My mom gave me this delicate little necklace for Leuxie's wedding. I think it is simply wonderful. 

A friend from TX whom I have never met sent me this in the mail a while ago. 

A dried flower rests elegantly on my planner. 

My room mates also gave me this acacia wood salad bowl. They are very sweet and kind house mates. 

It's kind of cute when your family gives you cards that you gave them. Lydia said she gave me the house card because it is her favorite, and maybe if I have it she'll be able to see it again. 

My Grandma gave me this adorable little birthday card. 

Aren't they cute?


Wow! You still with me? Now you know what I mean when I say I love beautiful things. 


2 comments:

  1. I love the beautiful things in your room. You have a gift to make everywhere you go look beautiful! I gave you that card so I can see it again too! Ha ha! Lydia and I have the same idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I enjoy all the pretty things, too. That is funny. I guess Lydia got that honest.

      Delete