Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Brain Dead

Because I am trying to write a paper right now, I decided to post this boring poem I wrote when I was trying to write another paper. I'm sure you can sympathize at least to a degree.



I stare at a blank page
I try to figure what to write
It’s like an empty black stage
This is my daily fight.

I have tried to learn how to write
But it seems I never get better
But someday I might
On a late dark night.

Oh, well, ‘tis life, as I always say
'Tis life that throws sticks in my path
It’s a wonder I don’t fall in the way
And die under the ‘fesor’s wrath.

Oh, boy, oh, cat, oh, rat
I have nothing worthy to say
Nothing but a boring, black bat
Nothing that will actually pay


Brain dead is what they call it.


4 comments:

  1. I love this poem! Very creative! Micah does look brain dead here. He probably was!
    Micah has my Dad's eyes! Bright blue, which you can not see in this picture, and perfect vision. I guess Jesse, Micah and Bethany got their perfect vision from my Dad and the rest of you got your bad vision from Dad and I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, this is great! This is exactly how it is sometimes (like the paper I'm in the middle of...)

    ReplyDelete