Friday, April 6, 2018

She Comes to Life

When I began college, I quickly realized that my creativity was being choked. I didn't have the time or sometimes even the energy to do things I love.

I didn't draw much.

When I did draw, it was more sketching art, or not very well-done.

When I went home for Christmas break, I painted a lot. I woke up in a sense. My imaginative and creative heart blossomed once again.

I have written artistically, but my art in college has been lame.

Until...

I decided I wanted to use some of my more abundant time in drawing. I found a picture on the internet and began drawing today. It felt so good to be drawing, intentionally realistically that is, portraits of beautiful people.

Sometimes I come to a drawing time with the intent to draw something that looks real enough. Sometimes it's only enough that people can barely tell what it is. Sometimes its colorful and fun. But sometimes, I draw so that the picture comes alive.

That's what I did today. And I found that we both came alive.

Meet Andrea-Maria...

Eyes

Hair

She looks a little different, but...

I still like her

She's comin'

Here she is. Could have been better if I had an eraser. Oh, well. good learning experience. 

I'm glad God gave me moving fingers that sometimes dance well.


Hope you have a delightful Saturday.


7 comments: