Wednesday, April 18, 2018

She Lives

I live and my life isn't as amazing or adventurous as some might would want, or even as much as I would want. But life is really made of the mundane. I think some people make too big of a deal about the big things that happen in their lives, they forget the little things, the blessings that God has provided abundantly to us least deserving people. Their lives look falsely wonderful. I think I have done the same thing, so I want to show what my day to day life is like.

Who wants to see a toilet? Hey, it's a vital part of life, and I really love the way the morning sun lights up the room. 

I am becoming one of those weird natural body cleansers kind of people. Or I just don't have the money to buy new more shampoo. Oh well, that's life.

I love to draw, but at college I don't have the resources I have at home. I simply used a scrap piece of printing paper, a pencil, and a picture. 

Now I have time to leisure read. Not sure you would call this a leisure read, but I guess I mean I can read it at my leisure. Just say "leisure" one more time.

My friend and housemate Jessica knows me well. Her Birthday present to me. 

Pocket portrait of my niece. She's much cuter in real life.

My Birthday cake was apparently the best thing I have cooked.

First Birthday party, and we played banana grams.

I cleaned the bathroom. Look at that, you can see through the mirror!

Sometimes the best thing for my soul is to sit on the floor, listen to Sons of Korah, and write in my journal while the sun brightens the room.

A cozy corner on the floor to read. 

It snowed again. We got a blizzard. 

Parties are fun. We had to cancel the shower for Hannah because of the blizzard, but because people made food, we had a shower rehearsal. 

Basically liquid licorice and the snowy world. April 15th is different around the world. 

Sometimes when I'm a little distraught, I become more artistic. 

This was good stuff. I brought it to Tyler's, and Keenan said he would take the whole pan. After small group, I delivered the remains to the boys. It brings me joy when they actually like my food. 

Sometimes when I go for a walk, I play tourist and take cool pictures. 

Writing out lyrics to songs is just more fulfilling then printing a plain sheet off the computer. 

So my life is awesome because it is the life God gave me, but it's honestly no more awesome than yours. Start enjoying the "mundane." I'm not sure that's even a thing in God's eyes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment