Monday, April 2, 2018

Pictures of Random Thoughts

Sometimes I eat really good looking and healthy food, and then...

I eat ice cream!


It's looking like our freezer back home: full of frozen meals in reused containers (that is not sour cream).


I am holding a dream come true. OK, maybe it was a very strange dream, but it came true nonetheless. On Resurrection Sunday I got to wax and dye eggs the traditional way. It was so much fun, I think I'm hooked. 


Just the wash, but I'm beginning to realize how much I love it. 


It's such a simple task, yet I seem to be really the only one who remembers and cares. I actually like emptying the boiler. 


Life in the basement. It's funny because I think I was a little disappointed when I first moved in, but now it feels so cozy and comfy. I've grown quite attached. 


I'm feeling much more like a housewife than a college student. When I told Alaina how much fun doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms was, she said, "If you say so..." Then as she went up the stairs, she called back, "I'd rather read a book any day!" I'm so thankful for Alaina. We're enough alike that we get along, but enough different that we help each other grow. She has definitely expanded my worldview in good ways. I still don't agree with her in everything, but God sure put us together for a good reason. 


It works! Some people don't have a hand to do things with. 


It's snowing again! That's normal here, but I'm used to a flowery Birthday. Anyway, I went for a walk in this white glory. My first mission was to secretly deliver some goodies to my boys. They know I do it, but I still don't like to be caught in the action, so every time I go, I feel a little nervous they're going to see me. This time when I hung the grocery bag on the door knob, I heard some talking inside, which is also normal. --Oh, my! I'm feeling the adrenaline return even as I tell this scary story.-- Anyway, the tin box inside the bag kind of banged on the door. With my heart racing, I quickly ran out of the apartment building and down the street. But I had been caught! As I ran, thinking, hoping that maybe I was safe, I heard someone yell after me. Not sure what he said or if it was simply a noise that came out in yell form. I didn't look back. I ran with all my might down the street and out of sight. But I had been caught, and it was one more thing to add to my awkward/scary/little girl moments. 
Whew! I was hot after that. I ended up slowing down in the park and taking a few pictures. 


I tend to walk straight up the hill instead of taking the more gradual winding path. Maybe that's why I struggle in life. I put too much energy into something but don't necessarily do a good job instead of taking my time and doing well. 


Enough random thoughts, but I enjoyed that. Helps me process life a little better. I hope you enjoyed it as well. I hope I didn't scare you too bad with that riveting story. 

Happy Monday, Friends!











2 comments:

  1. What kind of soup is that? It looks good! Did you make it up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sort of a Thai soup with peanut-butter and rice and lots of good spices. I did make it.

      Delete