Friday, April 13, 2018

The Beautiful Place I Call Home

It's been one of those days that I'm longing for the country, anywhere away from this city. Take me away from here!

Anyway, home is on my mind. That's full of country. I can simply walk out the door and I'm practically in the woods, even if it is raining.

So, with my longing, I wish to stab several country pictures up on the target. Yike! That sounds strange. Well, we better get started; there's a bunch.

Back home last summer. Our creek. 

Clear, fresh creek water. 

Black-eyed susans in Minnesota. 

That was somethin' to remember. A lake in Minnesota at the camp where we had out freshmen retreat.

Horse on the farm in Minnesota.

A hike along the St. Croix will do you some good.

Back home again to those lovely trees.

Yes, you know I couldn't make a post like this without a picture of our road.

Don't you ever just long for a nap in a ditch along a country road?

I'm glad I call this place home. 

Those girls automatically go with home. 

A winter sunset with so many silhouetted bare trees.

That little droplet of light.

We basically live on top of a mountain. Isn't it glorious!

I miss this. 

Yes, and them swirvin' roads. 

Uhwarie Mountains near Sophia, NC.

Wouldn't you envy this bedroom window view? I'm not tryin' to make you jealous, but I don't have to envy it (when I'm home).

All them trees, just biddin' you to climb 'em. I'm sorry, my English just goes down heel when I'm thinkin' of home. 

Ain't that a purdy driveway? 

Of course, this one's purdier 'cause it's mine. 

Ain't that some'in?

Well, I guess that'll do for now. 
Take me home!
OK, I gotta be thankful for where I'm at right now. 
This is where God placed me.

But give another month and a half--woof!--I'll be swept away to paradise.

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful. But you do have some beautiful things up there too. Like all those lakes and the river.

    ReplyDelete