Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Marriage is Good

 

This is a screenshot from a video of our wedding. 



God made marriage, so it must be good, right? Well, ever since that fateful day in the garden, it hasn't been as good as it could have been, but it's still a great thing. Why do people always seem to talk bad about it then, even Christians? You know what I'm talking about? 

"Marriage is great, but..." fill in the blank with any number of complaints. I guess that's life though: there are a lot of buts. Anyway, I have certainly had my own worries about marriage, and you might be thinking, "Yeah, and you've only been married a few weeks. You just wait and see." Sure, I haven't been married for 47 years like the very happy older couple at church who seem to be just as in love as ever and seem to really like each other just as much as ever. However, I think attitude really does affect your life. 

If I have an attitude that my marriage is just going to get worse and harder over the years, than I'll probably be looking for all the bad things. That's not exactly helpful. Of course, life ain't always easy, relationships do take work, and we are going to go through some tough stuff; but having a right attitude toward each other will help it be better. 

From my assessment, marriage is pretty good. I want to love my man more and more over the years. I want to encourage single people who are worried about marriage that, if they have the right heart toward God and their person, marriage is really great. 

Actually, I think marriage has turned out even better than I could have imagined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment