Saturday, April 3, 2021

Big Brothers

 



When I first met Jesse, he was 10 1/2, and I was very young. I actually don't remember that first encounter. It was almost 24 years ago. But Jesse has always been a good big brother. He always worked hard. In fact, he got his first job when he was 14 I think. He worked hard for his own needs, but he also worked hard for other people. Although he had his own friends, he still put up with me even though I was so much younger. He put up with all his little sisters and the younger brothers, too. As the oldest, Jesse had a lot of influence. He had good and bad influence, but I always thought a lot of him. I was sad when he left for college when I was only 8. 

Now Jesse is far away, working hard, going on adventures, and living his life. He's an uncle now, and one of the sweetest things I've seen is him holding one of his little niblings. The picture above is him holding our first niece Johanna. Seeing a big, strong man gently cradle a tiny infant is kind of beautiful. 

I have 3 other big brothers, too: Josiah, Micah, and Gabriel. They are each special in their own right. Micah also left me when I was 8, but he never came back. I won't be able to see him again until I join him in the Kingdom. Josiah left a couple years later, and he, too, works hard and has his own little family. Finally, Gabriel left the nest to start his own life. It's sad when the big brothers leave. We miss them all and love them all, too. Never take your big brothers for granted. 






2 comments:

  1. Big sons! All grown up and far away. Oh, how I miss them. You think your children will always be in your life and nearby, but then they grow up and move away and sometimes you hardly get to see them.

    ReplyDelete