Saturday, April 24, 2021

Rain

Rain is coming down steady fast right not now, but not too fast. It's a dreary afternoon, but ever so green. We worked hard this morning to get stuff cleaned up at the pool club we're joined to. It was nice to be with people. Normal people. Getting close to one another, no thought of wearing masks, just being people like we were meant to be. Meeting new people is fun for me, and working while doing so makes it easier. I met two girls who are twins and 9 years old. Nine was my favorite number. I didn't want to turn 10. 

Now we're home. The house is dark and calm. A tiny little candle barely glows on the shelf in front of me. It is restful. I talked to my old room mate Alaina a little while ago. It's good to have friends you can keep up with even when you're hundreds of miles apart. 

The heavens are wet with water, and the earth is thirsty for it. I appreciate rain more now than I did when I was younger. The plants need it, and so do we. The rooster doesn't mind the rain. He's still crowing like anything. 

Well, that's it.

Happy Saturday, and don't forget to be thankful for the sun and the rain. 





No comments:

Post a Comment