Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Azaleas and Other Things About Spring

So, yeah, I've had some silly picture problems, all due to my stupidity. Oh, well, 'tis life, as one lady used to say. 

The problem was that my computer has serious issues, so I'm using another one. It's a great computer, but I can't upload my pictures onto it (thanks to my ingenuity when I decided to get rid of a cord for my camera). The other option of computers doesn't have internet. So...yeah. I just haven't been taking pictures much lately. Good pictures, that is. I also got a smart phone not too long (my sisters are just weirded out), and so sometimes I just have to use it when I really want to picture something. But, it takes pretty awful pictures. 

Anyway, photography is just another form of art for me. I love to capture things in a real and beautiful way. My phone can do that, sometimes, sort of. Today, I finally had enough: I needed to use some of that creativity that had been stuffed up. I grabbed old Baxter and went outside. I decided I'd just load the pictures on to the one computer and email them to myself. Sounds tedious. It is, but I guess I really wanted new pictures. 

Azaleas are among my favorite flowers. They usually start blooming around my birthday, so I kind of associate them with me. Haha! That's weird. Anyway, they are so pretty, and we have so many varieties. There are also lots of other things blooming, and just spring's glory. The other day I was thinking about how spring is like the world dressin' up with all sorts of colorful clothes and jewelry. I think it's just splendid. 

You're probably wondering when I'm gonna stop talking. 

When I first lived in Minneapolis, I thought spring up there was just amazing because you actually experienced a real winter. It is amazing. The 3 springs I enjoyed up yonder were wonderful. However, it's been 4 years since I really experienced a North Carolina spring, and it is AMAZING. I don't know, it just kind of explodes. You see spring comin' on, and then all of a sudden it just blows up. Green, red, white, purple, pink, yellow; and every day things seem to explode more. It seems like it becomes summer overnight. I love it. 

So, yeah. The following is my meager attempts at capturing that beauty I see all around me. 



My new phone. Dude. These things are monstrosatous. My old phone was so small and fit so nicely into my pants' pockets. This thing is just a bit much. 

And now for the azaleas. 



So many varieties of these things. 

Green stuff! I love it, and my feet love it. : )

I really love the white ones. 

The wild ones actually smell the best though, and they have their own charm. 

Road pictures in the spring are just so cheery. 

We have so many bluets growing by the road. they are really quaint little things. 

We still have daffodils. 

I always call these things English Bells. It would be cool if I knew the real name. Haha! Oh, yeah, the internet. I guess they are actually called King Solomon's Seal. That's a cool name. 

That is called phlox. It is very lovely. 

That is an iris bud, but it will soon be one of my favorite flowers, and it smells so good. 

Mom's little garden is very cute and has some veggies in it. 

This might be my favorite azalea. I love that peachy orangy color. And this bush--boy, oh, boy!--it is so luscious. I love it. 

I like butterflies very much, and I was happy to capture this little beauty on this particular bush. 

Yeah...the famous trees.

Some very pretty little violets growing at my little haven. 

Well, I actually have a lot more pictures, but I guess that's a good place to end 'cause too many is just to much. 



Well, happy spring, y'all! It's a beauty out there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment