Friday, August 3, 2018

Walnut

Saturday was a random day that landed me at the farm (Surprise!) where I ended up enjoy scraping my finger nails on a walnut in the shell. It started to turn my hands sort of yellowish, and then orange, and then rather brown. I thought, well, this is cool. So I continued doing it.

After a wash in the creek, I discovered, to my delight, that the stuff wasn't planning to come off very quickly. Oh, well, too bad. 'Tis life, I suppose.

The next day I went back to camp and, of course, got questioned about my black hands. On Monday as the new campers came in, I got more questions.

When I told the story of the walnut to one church, they decided to start calling me "Walnut." Thus began my friendship with that church, and it was a special one indeed.

Of course, I also told the gospel to several children who asked about my walnut stained hands.

Who would have thought that stained hands would make some many friendships and memories?

This was a good week.







Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Who would have thought that walnuts would stain your hands so much and be so hard to get rid of.

    ReplyDelete