Wednesday, August 15, 2018

For the Love of Walnut

If you remember from a couple posts ago, I got my hands really stained with walnut juice, and then one of the chaperones started calling me "Walnut." Well, now that I'm home and don't have to worry about female chaperones being grossed out by my stained hands, I decided to collect three walnuts and make paintings with the juice. I had a real aziroazide of a time doing it.

Lydia kindly took this picture of my three walnuts and the farm. 

The supplies

I cut slivers for making paint.

I made the first painting by just scraping the slivers on the paper. 

My jar of slivers. 

The finished piece.

I poured boiling water over the shavings then crushed them with a rock and the paint was in process. 

A crushed walnut. Of course, they aren't ripe yet, but I don't care. 

Lydia took this picture of me in my "studio."

I was really having fun. 

Of course, the artists hands are never clean for long.

I also used a paintbrush. 

My two favorites. 


The walnut stain bottled up and ready for use another time. 

Farm in the Appalachians. 

Moroccan Road. 

1 comment: