Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Trouble and Sorrow

Nothing particularly spectacular has happened since our trip to the Blue Ridge, except that I remembered that I can write poems. Tomorrow Bethany goes to college, so that's weird.

Anyhow, this poem pretty well describes how my summer has been, specifically lately. I like it, but you can just read it to see what you think.


"Trouble and Sorrow"
or What Now?

What then, what now?
Where, when, what, how?
I'm confused, I'm lost;
What's the detail, the cost?

I've asked, I've wondered,
I've thought through things;
I've tried, I've blundered.
I've tried spreading wings.

I'm stuck, I'm in the dark,
This is no amusement park.
I've plead and wept with tears,
My heart stained through the years.

"Return unto thy rest, O my soul"
Calm down, don't worry so,
Remember the end, the guiding Goal,
Not exactly how you'll go. 

"Oh, LORD, truly I am thy servant"
I'll follow You with steps fervent, 
Or sit and wait quietly in You
When I don't know what else to do. 

Oh, I've "found trouble and sorrow,"
But I called "upon the name of the LORD"
He showed me hope in tomorrow
And comfort in His holy paper Sword. 


*Photography by E. A. L.




No comments:

Post a Comment