Monday, August 13, 2018

Goodbye, Dear Friends

This past weekend was the goodbye zone for summer camp staff. We said goodbye to Bluto on Friday, Swanson on Saturday, and pretty much everyone else on Sunday. Saturday was cleanup day for most of us, and it was one of my favorite days of the summer.

This summer, I have learned to trust God even in my weakness and exhaustion. He has given me many delights in the pain and hurt. I have met so many kids and adults that have made me so happy that I was here again this summer. 

Here are pictures to commemorate the fair well to summer.

I'm thankful for Bluto who does thoughtful things for all of us. 

 Camp counselor turned hobo in minutes. 

A head of braids is convenient. 

Quiet morning walks. 

Into the woods. 


She hates catfish. 

I got my book signed. Landon didn't actually sign it, and when he saw the heart, he wasn't too happy. Matt signed for Zoe, and I don't even know who Taylor is. John was pretty cool. He signed his name with a circle. 

I love butterflies and moths. This moth has a butterfly shape. 

Pickleball is over.

Why do I always do that weird face? At least Bluto has a nice smile. 

Me and my favorite grumpy cat. Abu is a really sweet fun young lady. 

Kowalski and I. We are twins, in case you didn't know. 

Swanson and I. Swanson made me smile even when I was really down. 

Mookie and I. We're pretty cool. 

The last night. Benji, Jessica, Carson, and Jesse playing Pictionary. They're some of my favorites. 

Alex and Kenny Bob.

Midnight Waffle House experience with the cool people. 

The FAM. 
A story for another time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment