Monday, December 18, 2017

HOME!!!

Saturday evening Hannah and I arrived back to our country. It was lovely.

One of the first things I noticed was the smell: the fresh fallen leaves. decaying in sun and rain. The smell of country, our country, our home.

Then I noticed the stars. Even when the sky is not completely clear, the stars twinkle and shine. The trees: dozens, no, hundreds, thousands. Everywhere there are trees, lovely trees. And peace, such a wonderful calm and silence, besides distant barking dogs. It is dark here. You know it is morning because it gets lighter, but at night, there are no street lights, flashing ambulance sirens, or speeding cars. When it's night, it's night; when it's day, that's exactly what it is. I guess that is what we expect.

Our counters are so white. Pure, beautiful, cleanable white. The counters in the White House are not that way.

Yesterday I heard a wren sing. Yesterday I joined Bobson and Carson (I was Johnson) searching for the robber in the woods. I was barefoot.

I am home.

Hannah and Lydia in our bedroom.

Our delightful woods.

Enjoying some of my old master pieces.

Search partners Carson and Bobson.

The Honorable Bobson. 

Tea against a backdrop of WHITE counters!

We also put the Christmas stuff up. 

My angel. 

Yesterday we celebrated 12 years since my brother Micah went to God's heavenly Kingdom. I plan to post more about that another time. 

We had cake and sparkling cider. 

Sun, blue, and TREES! Lots of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment