Thursday, December 14, 2017

A Week From Now



What will I be doing in a week from now? Will I be cooking, running wild in the North Carolina backwoods, writing a poem, hanging out with friends?

I don't know know, but I can tell you one thing: I won't be studying for finals!

I won't be sitting in this chair in this house in this city in this state. Yes, Lord willing, I will be far, far away from this place. Far away from college. Far away from these new friends. Far from my church.

But I'm glad. Really glad.

I'm glad God brought me here. I'm glad I finally said I would "go to BCS and forget about it." But it has been a really difficult 4 months, and I am so excited that I get to go home.

Home.

Home to the woods, old friends, my old church, my house in the woods (which is probably miserably deserted), my sisters, my parents, cooking, dancing, singing at the top of my lungs in the open air. So many things to make me overjoyed.

Tomorrow, I'll sit in that classroom for the last time for a long time.

Goodbye, Minnesota! I'm comin', Staley!



2 comments: