Thursday, December 21, 2017

A Man After God's Own Heart

His name was not David. He did not live in ages past, or in other lands. He was no king, no wise man, not soldier.
He was born in 1989, in North Carolina, 3rd son of a young couple. He was diagnosed with leukemia when he was 11. But I don't want to tell his whole life story. I want to focus on who he was.

He was a bright young man, full of compassion, kindness, jokes, worship, love, sickness, faith. 

He suffered, he sang, he sought God. He lived, he died, he lives forever in the Father's presence. 

He was a man after God's own heart. 

He was my brother.

He was Micah.

He was one of the sweetest boys I ever knew. 

A smilin' hospital boy. 

Micah loved his guitar. 

Micah (on the left) was a trooper even with crutches. He just used his crutch as his gun. 

He also knew how to play the mandolin. 

I always did love my boys. Here I am being joined by Micah, Priscilla, and Gabriel in blowing out my candles. 

Such a happy young man. This was after church one year when Micah came home to a new bike for his Birthday. 

I wonder if Micah was more excited about Bethany's guitar than Bethany was. 

He was one handsome chap. 

With his camera in hand, Micah was always ready to capture a moment through the lens. 

If you can't tell, it was hard for the Birthday kid to blow out the candles alone. 

A happy Mama with her four boys. 

Surrounded by his little sisters, Micah made for a good brother. 

When Lydia came around, Micah loved to lull her by his guitar playing. 

I wish I had known him better. 

Micah taught me what it's like to suffer and still smile. Suffer and still say, "God is good."

Probably all of us kids have compared ourselves to Micah. We have his love for this or that, we have his face, we have his eyes, we want to be like him. But I don't care if I don't look a thing like him, what I want is Micah's faith. I want to love God the way he did. I want to live for Christ the way  he did. I want to sing and worship from my heart like Micah did. 

I want to be a woman after God's own heart. 

I love you, Micah!

Elisabeth

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the pictures and the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very good, Elisabeth. I don’t think I’ve seen the picture of him singing to baby Lydia. <3 that is especially precious to me in this season.
    He was very special to me and I mosss him too. I thought of him quite a bit while o was only in the hospital a total of 7 days. What a smile he did have under such trials. It made my needles seem like nothing.
    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I get the same feeling when I am sick or in a bad situation. My big problems seems like nothing compared to what Micah went through.

      Delete