Monday, July 3, 2023

McDonald's in the Tent

The day we bought the tent, Jacob really wanted to set it up and check it out. We were very pleased with it, and it turned out to be a great thing to camp in. We even survived two storms in it, including a crazy storm our second night camping. Rain poured down, lightning flashed and thunder boomed, all while the wind whipped around us frighteningly. I'll have to admit, I wasn't having the funnest time at that moment, but Taliya slept through most of it, and Jacob basically told me to shut up so he could go back to sleep. Clearly, I am a light sleeper. 

Anyway... . After we set up the tent, we walked to McDonald's and brought it back to eat in the tent. 





Mmmm...I just love McDonald's cheeseburgers. You can judge me all you want. In the past I would have judged the present me, too. I used to be like a lot of other stuck up people and refused to eat McDonald's. However, pregnancy does weird things to a person. When I was pregnant with Taliya, I once got such a hankering for one of those super fake McChicken sandwiches. The ones with a perfectly round "chicken" patty, a smudge of mayonaise, and a sprinkle of soggy old iceberg lettuce. Oh, yeah. Good stuff. After several days of having such a weird craving, I finally got it met with a trip to the local gas station McDonald's on the way home from FedEx with Jacob one night. After that, I began to really appreciate the stuff. Long, boring story you probably didn't care to hear. I'm just explaining why I became such a fan of it. Nowadays I prefer the cheeseburger. 

Taliya stuffed her face with fries. 




No comments:

Post a Comment