Saturday, July 29, 2023

A Poem: Oh, The Sky!

This is the poem I wrote shortly after I found out I was pregnant again. My poetry game hasn't been too good lately, but I'm happy with this. It conveys the wonder and excitement of learning there is a tiny little person growing inside you. 


Oh, the sky! The great big expanse of blue
The beauty I want to point out to you
The clouds that drift across like ships
The blues, grays, whites, and sunshine drips.

Oh, this beauty that fills the evening air!
The way God floods us with His loving care
The endless sky with colors so lively and bright
While you sleep safe inside, so cozy and tight.

But, someday, how I hope and pray!
I'll point up across the vast skyway
And tell you that God made it all
And He'll always hear you when you call.

But, right now, my eye drops a tear
So happy to know you're actually here
Though deep inside, hidden away
While the big sky darkens at close of day.






1 comment: