Sunday, February 5, 2023

Loving My Current Life

 



One thing Jacob and I struggle with is the desire for the next step. We get excited about missions, as if that is the end-all. Of course, it is our goal to be foreign missionaries, but right now we are in the preparation stage, which means college for Jacob. We both want to learn to be happy and content here where we are now. 

Sometimes that happiness and contentment comes to me as I sit and look around at my life and how good it really is. Adventures are great, but maybe just taking in everything we have is good, too. Whenever we get around to moving next, I'll probably end up missing this place and this life. 

Right now we have this house, on this street, in this state, with that church, that college, these roads, people, weather, stores, foods, clothes, pictures, games, yard, fence, airport, wholesale grocery, sky, baby, lover. We have everything we need, and I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment