Tuesday, November 27, 2018

When Things Don't Go Your Way




When you have everything planned out, your ready for your day, you're happy, and you're motivated, what do you do when everything falls through?

I've been thinking a lot about this, about wanting to be in control but not being able to. And it goes much deeper than just daily plans. I hate to see my brothers and sisters do stupid things or not believe and trust in God. I hate not being able to help people understand. I don't even like being in a car with certain drivers.



In short, I always want to be in control.

I've written about this before, but apparently I need lots of reminders. I'm incapable of being in control. That's the truth. I was not meant to be in control. God is over everything, He's in control. He'll work out everything for his glory.

God's got this.

So, when I am in desperation, when I'm out of control, I need to remember that "the eternal God is [my] dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms."~Deuteronomy 33:27




2 comments: