Monday, November 12, 2018

When Four Friends Come for a Visit. . .

. . .You have fun.

You see, we all worked together this past summer and haven't really seen each other since then, so I decided to invite several of them over for dinner and time together. As it turned out, only four ended up being able to make it. However, that did not hinder us from having a lot of fun.

Dad took a bunch of pictures of us, so I'll just show them to you real quick.

We went for an adventure in the woods, including a visit to my "house" and the spring, when Dad spotted us from the porch and asked us to line up for a picture. I think this one's kind of cute; reminds me of a funny family picture. From left to right we have Michael, Jessica, Anthony, me, Mom, and Lydia. Yeah, my hair was slightly crazy that day.  

Then we stood around and chatted. 

We had dinner when Zach, the guy between Michael and Anthony, finally arrived. He had traffic troubles. 

Relaxation after dinner. Zach must have still been hungry as he was eating the pillow.

Dad took a bunch of us on the couch. 

Something was funny and we actually caught Anthony smiling on camera. I look a little devilish, but oh, well. 



I think this was supposed to be the silly one. I guess Zach and Michael thought that fighting was silly. 

Attempting to be serious, but we were struggling. Anthony's smirk...

OK, there we go. Very serious, because we're never laughing. 

Never laughing. 


Zach eating the pillow. Haha!

Well, all I can say is that God has given me a gift in recent years that I haven't always had: good friends. These people drove over an hour, close to two or even more, to see me, and so I am very thankful. With Thanksgiving coming up, I am thinking more about thankfulness. I think I am often not thankful and content for what I have, and I can easily think of bad things in my life, but I know that God is good, and He has given me much more than I need or could have even thought of. 

Good Monday to you!
Ellie

4 comments:

  1. Wow. All I can say is the little girl with the blonde hair is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends that love Jesus are forever friends and a gift from God! I am thankful for your friends! They are a lot of fun too!

    ReplyDelete