Friday, May 11, 2018

The End

So, freshman year came to a close.

Finals are next week, though there were some already.

I finished on Tuesday, and, boy! I'm glad to be done.

I'm done. I made it. OK, maybe not because I withdrew most of my classes after spring break, but I did go through a whole 9 months of college. What an adventure, what a bumpy road. What a joy this year has been.

Serious Joy.

Still not sure sure if I get that entirely, but if I look back over the past couple semesters I do see both: the serious and the joyful.

Last night Jacob, a sophomore, asked a few of us freshmen what we learned at BCS. I said trusting God. Even in the most confusing, dark nights of college, God showed Himself strong in my weakness. One of the most encouraging passages especially this semester has been 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. Verse 10: "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

This year really flew by.

Thank You, Father, for Your good will in my life.


1 comment: