Saturday, May 19, 2018

Saying Goodbye

It's so hard to say goodbye to people you love, people you lived with for 9 months, people you teased, prayed with, laughed with, sang with, and made so many great memories with. But the time has come, and goodbyes are being made by all of us.

This morning Alaina, my roommate (and almost twin), left for her new home. I don't know when I'll see her next. I'll miss her greatly.

Last night Hannah and Priscilla both graduated from Bethlehem College along with many other people I know and love. The whole night had such a joyous sadness about it. Like a dark morning, the light of joy was shining, but the dark of sadness was creeping in. I looked about the room at the crowds of people afterwards, and knew I would be leaving them all so soon. Lydia tagged along with me as I watched people or spoke with them. Good old friends that I've only know for a short while.

It's sad to leave, but God takes us where He will. I will follow, even if that means leaving special people.

So many hugs, so many heart tears, so much love I have been shown here. I wish all of you, my MN friends, could read this and know how much I love you, how much you have blessed me, encouraged me, helped me, pointed me to God, and made me smile countless times. You may never know, but I hope somehow you do.

So, in a week I'll be packing up and driving back to NC to other friends and family that I love, and life will move on. I suppose life is made of saying goodbye.

Goodbye, I love you!

Thanks to Priscilla for taking this picture of me with some of the people I love. 

Elisabeth

2 comments:

  1. I prefer to say, "See you later", because if you are a child of God then you will be reunited in heaven with Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is true and helpful to remember.

    ReplyDelete